Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 4

This week we mainly learnt about recursion and list comprehensions. I personally liked list comprehensions and found them little challenging. I thought they were a little to understand at first, but gradually I got hold of them. They make the code look much more clear, shorter and concise.


The other thing was one of the most important topics of this course and programming – Recursion. It is to solve the problem by breaking it into smaller problem and using the solution of the smaller problem to solve the bigger problem. I felt it to be really tricky, every time I thought I got hold of it, but the next example left me with loads of confusions. Now I think I understand it (hopefully). The thing that helped me the most in understanding it was going through the definition of recursion again and again. Just solve a smaller multiple of the problem and call it again to solve the rest of the problem..!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment